Thursday, October 18, 2012

Windows

The plan was to have the front entrance & hall finished by Christmas...
The Good News is that I have lots of orders to do for work, which means I'll have some money to do the entrance.
The Bad News is I have alot less time to do it.....so Christmas was not looking good.
*
The other thing is I have decided to try and spend 1 full day on the house/garden, probably Thursday or Sunday, depending on what's going on.
Today I chose the garden over the front entrance, as the weather was fine, and I have been really wanting to get a large part of the yard fenced off for the girls (chooks)  The reason for this is that they do poos EVERYWHERE.... now it's easy to pick up dog poo, but not easy to pick up chook poo.
The boys come in from the backyard with chook poo all over their shoes, and it's a pain.
*
I was driving past an abandoned lot a few weeks ago, where they had demolished some houses, and there was a picket fence there....just the right height and size for my project.
So I went to the council, found out who owned the land, phoned and asked what they were doing with the fence....Luckily for me they said I could have it.
So last Sunday I spent the day sawing down the fence...the posts were too hard to get out of the ground.  My shoulder and arm are really sore still from all the sawing and lifting, but at least I have a free fence.
*
Meanwhile onto the front entrance.
Last night I decided if I just did teeny tiny bits at a time it may get done before Christmas
(wishful thinking)
Anyway...anything was better than doing nothing.
The window frames are burgundy, and once I removed the storage unit away from the window discovered lots of yucky mold also...
 
 
Rather yucky don't you think
So I washed all the mold off and let it dry....
next I taped off the rubber section and glass part of the window and sprayed it with white gloss paint.
After a few coats it looked much better.
I've only done 1 window so far
A little bit of paint bleeding on the rubber will be easily fixed with black permanent marker.
 
 
Now I just have to fill up the nail holes on the wooden surrounding and paint that gloss white too.
That's tonights job.

No comments:

Post a Comment