Sunday, October 21, 2012

Colour Samples

Thank goodness for colour samples...
I was really happy with the colour I chose, but decided to grab a small sample pot just to make sure.
Lucky thing I did!!!
*
The colour looked nice on 1 wall, but really dark on all the others...
The kids came home from school and asked if I was painting the walls dark for a haunted house halloween style!!!  So that was that
*
Back to the hardware store to get a few more samples.
In the end I had to choose between 2 colours
Teahouse
Guild Grey
*
I chose the Guild Grey, as it had a blue tone and was rather nice in the light & dark
The teahouse was nice too, but had a green tone, and didn't look as nice in different lights
*
The lesson here is...
It is definitely woth paying for some colour sample pots and painting some different areas that get different light to see the actual result in your home
*
This afternoon I spent the time filling up the old nail holes in the wood framing with putty.
*
They say preparation is the key....but I think it is also the most time consuming part, last night I spent at least an hour or two getting all the mould off the windows and frames
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment