Thursday, December 13, 2012

Nearly Done

I can't believe this has taken so long to complete.....
But I can't really complain as I have been so busy with work, which when you run your own business from home is a good thing!!!
Normally something like this would take a few weeks at the most
But I started just before my busy period, which was busier than usual
*
The front entrance is nearly completed.
I have decorated for Xmas, and the light was a bit off for photos, but you can get the general feel and look.....In the new Year I will take some more photo's of the final reveal.
*
Most of the renovation has been completed so I will post a few little snippets now
*
Next Year before the boys return to school I will......
*
*finish the skirting boards
*strip & paint doors
*remove Xmas Ornaments and re-decorate
*remove lino & stencil concrete floor
*sand and paint wooden floor in white
*
 
wall with photo frames - ready for new prints
 

 
the view as you walk into the house
(note door half stripped of old paint, and blue tape on frame for paint trim)
*
.....and yes my husband still dumps his bike in the entrance
*
But overall I really love the new look
By taking away the old original door and entry it has really opened the house up
The hallway now gets alot more light and looks more modern.
*
To stop it looking too modern I have kept an old sewing machine
left to my husband by his Grandmother and introduced some large wicker baskets to store shoes, shoolbags etc... out of sight.
*
Can't wait to complete the flooring and doors
It will make such a difference
*

No comments:

Post a Comment