Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Not Long Now....

I spent 12 hours on Sunday sorting out the shed and getting everything moved from the front entrance.  I did stop for a 20 minute lunch break though....
and boy was I tired the next day, but it felt so good to finally get a start.
I'd love to get stuck into it straight away, but there are some logistics to sort out yet.
As you enter the house there is a spiral staircase up to the upper level.
On the upper level the wall is still green and the ceiling pastel pink with darker pink cornices
(all from previous owner I must say)
*
so because of the void I will have to also paint this area, otherwise it will look odd.
This is where one of my work areas is situated, and because of the large workload I have had recently it is a complete mess....much like the rest of my house
I just have to figure out how to reach the top of the wall - 2 storeys high!!
*
Over the next week I will tidy the mess upstairs and paint the ceiling and walls up there to match the entrance colours
*
I also have to get rid of the 'old front door' which is still there
basically we have 2 front doors!!!
Enter through one into the entry, and then another into the hallway
*
I have decided on
Taubmans Invincible for the wall colour...
but I must admit that I am nervous on using such a dark colour
The safe option would be to use a white
*
the problem is that I like too many different looks
Beachy, Shabby Chic, Industrial, Modern , Vintage... etc....
*
The good thing is I can always paint over it if I hate it, and I think with the floors, doors and window frames all in white it will look good (cross fingers)
*
 
this is how it was previously
sporting equipment, boxes and general mess....
NOT a welcome entrance I must say
More like someone had dropped their mess off at our house instead of the tip.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment